We very rarely had takeaways out of lockdown in the house but I have really enjoyed being in the kitchen more and creating my favourite dishes.
Let me know what you think of this fakeaway dish if you try it out.
1 large pack of frying steak
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 green pepper & 1 red pepper, sliced
1 carrot thinly sliced
Spring onions to garnish
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, chopped
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons tomato puree
100 millilitres water
Rice, to serve
1. Coat the strips of steak in the egg wash and flour, salt and pepper
2. Shallow fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown
3. Add the peppers & carrots and fry for another couple of minutes.
4. Remove the beef, peppers & carrots and set aside
5. In the same pan, add the garlic, red chilli, chilli sauce, soy sauce, tomato puree and water
6. Stir and simmer until the mixture reduces and is thick and syrupy
7. Add back in the beef, peppers & carrots and stir well into the sauce
8. Serve with rice
9. Garnish with spring onions
One thought on “Crispy Chilli Beef Lockdown Fakeaway”
Just replaced my Chinese takeaway for this fakeaway and it was absolutely unreal! Both me and my husband have said we’re never getting takeaway again! Recipe is amazing Thankyou!!
You must log in to post a comment.